These are great foundation testing blog posts and publications for reference.
Context Driven Testing
If you are a seasoned tester and don’t know what the context-driven school of testing is, stop everything you are doing and check the links below. They will change the way you think about and perform testing.
- The Context-Driven Testing website, is to CTD what the Agile Manifesto is to agile!
- Michael Bolton’s keynote address to CAST 2011 is a great paper summarising CDT
- Testing vs Checking Redefined by James Bach
A testing technique every tester should know and practice in context:
Michael Bolton’s Test Report Series is a great read, providing alternatives to standard quantitative test reports:
Cem Kaner defines heuristics as a fallible way to solve a problem or make a decision. Below are a few examples of widely used testing heuristics:
- Michael Bolton’s
- Elisabeth Hendrickson’s Test Heuristics Cheat Sheet
- James Bach’s
A good post to understand the Essence of Heuristics by James Bach.
Lynn McKee had a summary of other testing heuristics here.
- Software Test & Quality Assurance
- Tea-time with Testers
- Testing Experience
- Testing Circus
- Sticky Minds
- Testing Trapeze
Free Skype Coaching for Testers